Our mission is simple: to offer our clients the utmost professionalism, accessibility, and loyalty. We succeed by ensuring that the client’s needs and interests–financial and personal–are not only met but exceeded.
Our service area covers much of the Washington D.C. metro area (Northern Virginia, Montgomery County, D.C.). On the outside chance we can’t help, we’ll say so and help you find an agent who can.
Why Choose Us?
In order to buy or sell in today’s market, it takes an agent who is both committed to the customer and pays great attention to detail. We serve our clients with diligence, responsiveness, and the most integrity. No one works harder to satisfy a client than we do. We’ll answer all your questions and help you ask the right ones. Here is some background information about us. Feel free to let us know if you want anything else.
- We’ve been in business over 30 years and are consistently ranked in the top 1% of agents nationwide.
- We’ve lived in the Washington, DC area since 1984 and know it very well. This enables us to offer advice about different towns and neighborhoods.
- We are full-time Realtors, with no competing outside work obligations.
- We’re available to our clients at their convenience; not ours.
- When you hire us, you get us, with no layers of assistants to go through.
- If something is not in the client’s best interest, we simply won’t do it.
- We’ve been buyers and sellers ourselves and know how hard moving can be. So we offer helpful advice to our clients.
- Dave is licensed in Virginia; Ellen in D.C., Maryland and Virginia. She’s a graduate of the Graduate Realtor Institute. We’ve studied under the Certified Residential Specialist program.
- We both held Top Secret clearances during our government careers and received several service awards. Our integrity is unquestioned.
“Ellen, have we mentioned in the last hour the degree to which you rock? Oh wait, actually we have, you just haven’t been around to hear us :-). With your guidance, we’re ready to make an offer.”
Laura & Ben (Rockville, MD)
“I sincerely appreciate all the help, instruction, patience, hard work, and creativity you put into selling my home. I would highly recommend you to anyone interested in selling a home. We considered you a friend rather than an agent.”
Rena (Falls Church, VA)
“Thanks for doing such a terrific job selling our house. The entire process went so smoothly thanks to your expert guidance. We will do our best to generate referrals for you.”
-Jerry (Arlington, VA)
“Dear Ellen, I know it sounds trite, but John and I would like to thank you for all your help and endless house of searching to find us our dream house. You are an exceptional real estate agent.”
Karen & John (Chevy Chase, MD)
“No way that Ellen could have served me better. She is an excellent agent and I will recommend her to everyone I know.”
Liz (Rockville, MD)
“Ellen was always easy to reach, willing to help with all our questions, and was 100% enthusiastic about our house search. She was an absolute pleasure to work with the best.”
Danielle & Ryan (Springfield, VA)
“I highly recommend my agent Ellen McRae. She helped us find our house last year. She was patient, showed us loads of houses (because that is what we really wanted) and really helped us determine what we wanted and could afford. She was creative and honest. She helped us all the way through the process, including the settlement. She is a delightful person. Without question, we will use her in the future.”
Gloria (Potomac, MD)
“The prospect of buying a home for the first time can be quite daunting. Thanks to Dave’s expert guidance (and patience!!), I am now the proud owner of a great unit in a great neighborhood in Arlington!”
Jana (Arlington, VA)
I am a full-time, professional Realtor and have been licensed since 1993. Although I rank in the top 1% of agents nationwide, my true measure of success comes from helping my clients achieve their dreams. I am licensed in Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland and have sold hundreds of homes ranging from small condos to executive houses. Whatever your needs are, I will work with you tirelessly until you are satisfied. I have lived in the Washington area since 1984. Dave, my husband, and I have three children.
Like my wife Ellen, I am a full-time realtor with RE/MAX. Together we cover the Washington, DC metro area and work very hard to provide the best possible client service. Prior to real estate, I worked at UUNET, the Internet division of MCI WorldCom. Before that, I was a civilian intelligence analyst and liaison with the U.S. Army. I am a graduate of the Defense Intelligence College, George Washington University, and Washington and Lee University. I have lived in the Washington area since 1984. We currently live in Falls Church, Virginia.
These are some of the charitable groups we’re involved in within our community.
- George Mason High School Athletic Boosters (Board Member)
- Ducks Unlimited: Promotes wetlands conservation in North America
- Falls Church PTA
- Falls Church City Football Association
- Lift Me Up: Lift Me Up is a therapeutic riding program dedicated to helping children and adults with physical, mental and/or emotional disabilities improve both their physical and mental well being. It combines the special presence of the horse and the skills and caring of our registered instructors. They have been able to help hundreds of people gain confidence, patience, and invaluable self-esteem.(2007)
- Falls Church Board of Equalization: Board adjudicates appeals of property tax assessments
- Falls Church Kiwanis Little League